Thursday 9 May 2013

Creamy Potato Au Gratin.

This is probably one of my favorite dishes ever. I used to hate potatoes but since I discovered things you can possibly do with them, I started to love them :)
Potato Au Gratin is definitely one of those tasty meals  I can eat and eat and eat...

For this recipe for 2 you will need:     
  
8 middle size potatoes
1 cup of frozen peas
1 cup of double cream
2 cloves of garlic
basil and parsley leaves
pinch of saffron
salt and pepper
handful of Parmesan














First you need to butter the pot that you are going to use for your Au Gratin potatoes.
I used the ceramic one with a lid which I think does a great job. 


Mix the cream with chopped basil, parsley leaves and garlic, together with salt, pepper and saffron.


Chop the potatoes thinly and  put half of them on the bottom of the pan , then put the peas ,  just a half of the cup, and cover it all with half of the double cream mixture.


Repeat the same with the rest of the potatoes and the peas, and cover the veggies completely with the rest of the cream mix. Put it into the preheated oven of 200 degrees for about 30 minutes with the lid on it. I usually will open it from time to time to make sure it is cooking evenly.
After 30 minutes or so you need to open the pot and take the lid off, sprinkle a little bit of Parmesan on the top and leave it for another 10 minutes for the cheese to melt.I served it with a garlic sauce which I love. Delicious :)



Enjoy your meal !




No comments:

Post a Comment