Monday 6 May 2013

Monday's filo sachets

My first filo pastry attempt. Little filo sachets filled with cheesy mushroom stuffing. I really think they are delicious and easy :)



You will need for the filling:



8 mushrooms
olive oil plus bit of butter for frying
half a red onion
few leaves of rocket chopped
2 cloves of garlic finely chopped
half a chili finely chopped
tablespoon of pine nuts
Parmesan or some strong cheese(as much as much as you like) parsley,salt and pepper.



I did use butter with little bit of olive oil to fry the mushrooms with the onion,then added 2 cloves of garlic, chili, pine nuts, salt and pepper. At the end I added some finely chopped parsley. Delicious.

When nicely browned I would leave it to cool down and add the ParmesanBrush one side of each sheet of filo pastry all over with a little olive oil and place the cheesy mushroom stuffing in the center of the sheet.

Form a sachet out of each of one and they are ready :)


I only baked the 4 of them for about 30 min.at 200 degrees/gas mark 6.
Enjoy and I am happy to hear any comments about what you think:)

1 comment:

  1. Sounds great!
    I love simple recipes so I will try this during the week.

    ReplyDelete